Saturday, February 5, 2011

Deity Encounter

Well, first of all, this is not a ghost story but is deity encounter. This incident happened to my mother many years back when she was around 8 or 9 years old. My mother is turning 50 this year. She started to work when she was very young. In fact, she worked when she was 8 years old. My mother had a poverty yet happy life. She had to help my mother back in the rubber estates. Back then, my mother and my aunt were helping my grandmother in the estate because both of them are the eldest. They will set out to work early in the morning when it is still very dark. The weather was cold that very morning and surrounding was dark. In the estate, my mother, grandmother and aunt were preparing to tap the rubber tree. When my mother was doing her work, she looked up and saw a big white cloth flew above her. After that, she became sick for 3 weeks without any reason. My grandparents brought her to see doctor but to no avail. Desperate to help my mother, my grandmother brought her to see a medium. The medium told them that whatever my mother saw that morning isn't something dirty and told them not to worry. The medium said that the white cloth that my mother saw belongs to a deity which is familiar to the Southeast Asia Chinese, Na Du Gong. According to local belief, Na Du Gong is a Muslim but due to His good deeds, the local Chinese worship Him and offer Him coffee, coconut juice and Halal food. It is believed that this deity helps His disciple to strike lottery number and protect them from danger. My mother got heal soon after seeing the medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment