Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wicked Laugh During Funeral

Erm, this story is about my family. This is a story about my great grandparents of my maternal side. Here it goes, my great grandpa and my great grandma were not so happy together. They lived in separate houses. My grandpa and his siblings always had difficulties and finally, one day, my great grandpa passed away. Before he passed away, he told his children not to mourn for their mother's death (my great grandma) after she die. The children just reluctantly agreed because they do not wanna disappoint him. Then, my great grandpa just moved on. It is a must for the Chinese to mourn for their parents death, in fact for 3 years. During mourning, they cannot celebrate Chinese New Year, visit others house and cannot get married. Filial children will wear white cloth during funeral. Ladies will wear a straw like hat to mourn, males will tie white cloth on the head. Not long after that, my great grandma passed away too. That time, i was still a small kid and i wasnt allowed to go to the funeral. The following story is told by my mother. My mum and dad went to the funeral and my grandpa siblings decided to wear the straw like hat to mourn for their mother. My grandpa insisted that they obey my great grandpa last will but out of love for their mother, the sisters insisted to mourn for their mother. Suddenly, the sky turned dark and wind was blowing s strong. All the relatives present were so shocked to see a sudden change of weather. Thunderstorm arrived and wind blew so strongly. My mum, dad, uncles and aunts were so shocked to see this, in fact, everyone was stunned. Then, my mum and uncles heard someone was giggling behind the bushes. The wicked giggling and evil laugh isnt human and they were in horror. The ladies who saw the sudden change of weather and evil laugh behind bushes, quickly took off the straw like hat and threw them on ground. The weather changed back to normal and the evil laugh stopped. Everyone was so shocked and was unbelievable of what just happened. Then, they went to the neighbour and asked them about the weather change. All the neighbour denied of the weather change and said that the weather was fine the whole day. After i listen to my mum, i think that the one hiding behind the bushes was actually my great grandpa, letting out evil laugh and punishing the children for not listening to his last will. My mum still remember this incident clearly, anyone who attended the funeral actually did. Maybe those of u who read this might find it unbelievable but this is a true story.

1 comment: